A story of resounding success: European students learn German online and are prepared more effectively for their stay in Germany
open this document as a pdf file
Every year, more than 17000 students visit Germany through the Erasmus programme. For academic life in Germany, this international presence represents a valuable, enriching component and is highly valued by German universities.
Language barriers, however, can often make successful communication and integration on campus very difficult, as well as prevent maximum progress in studies.
Since the beginning of 2006, the solution to this problem is finally here: DUO, the Online University of German. Thanks to an offer provided in cooperation with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Erasmus students can now start preparing for language and life in Germany before even leaving home – at absolutely no cost. Our specialised DUO courses are not only an easy yet extremely effective way of learning German, but also allow learners to find out more about their subjects and make valuable contacts in virtual classes – all at the same time. Qualified, specially trained DUO tutors offer individual guidance for all learners, promote maximum learning progress and also assign ECTS credits in selected courses.
Overview of this Initiative:
- the DAAD provides generous funding for the DUO Erasmus programme.
- an information campaign ties in post-secondary institutions inside and outside of Germany.
- German universities discover the possible advantages and distribute information material vigorously.
- the website deutsch-uni.com/erasmus is specially implemented
- between March 1 and June 30, 2006, over 1,200 Erasmus students (mainly from Poland, Spain, and France) use the website to sign up.
- onDaF, the online assessment test, assigns registered users to the most suitable programme according to their current abilities.
the high correlation between language abilities and course difficulty ensures that Erasmus students are especially motivated and are able to learn German extremely successfully.
Advantages for Educational Institutions:
- easier linguistic and social integration of guest students
- no need to implement a local, more expensive programme
- acquire a licence and offer profitable DUO courses of your own!
don't miss out on this option: have us train your teaching staff as tutors!
- More Information on Licences
- Contact us!
Advantages for Erasmus Students:
- easy and effective way of learning German
- ideal preparation for Germany
- start building a network of contacts with similar interests and goals before even entering the country
- qualify for valuable ECTS credits in selected courses
- Find out more about our courses
- Consult us!